Monitoring Map >> Numana Wetlands Outlet
Numana Wetlands Outlet - Non-point Source Water Quality Site
Latitude N: 39.47873
Longitude W: 119.31911
Elevation: 3986 ft.
Washoe County, NV; near Highway 447, 6 miles north of Wadsworth, NV.
Monthly water samples and in-situ stream measurements are taken when water is flowing. Annual bioassessments are also conducted on the wetland area.
|Equipment:||A YSI 6920 multiparameter water quality sonde is used to obtain temperature, specific conductance, pH, dissolved oxygen, salinity, tds, and turbidity.|
|Period of Record:||2000 to present.|
Numana wetlands is a natural riverine wetland along the Truckee River. This wetland was enhanced in the mid 1990's, to 'treat' waste water coming from Numana Hatchery. This was done through a CWA 319 Nonpoint source grant, and a study by The Nature Conservancy (TNC). Another purpose was to attract Lahontan Cutthroat Trout, who may be imprinted to the hatchery's water, to spawn up the Truckee River. The PLPT monitors the water quality of the water coming out of the wetlands, before flowing into the Truckee River.
Documents related to this location:
- Numana Wetlands Outlet Water Quality Data for 1999 - 2008 (112k PDF file)
- Numana Wetlands Outlet Water Quality Monitoring Graphs and Trends - 2003 - 2008 (76k PDF file)
Links to images and videos of this location:
- See the 360 degree interactive panorama as well as video segments from the Numana Wetlands area on the Truckee River!
Links to GIS data and maps of this location:
- Pyramid Lake Geographic Information Systems Program - This program develops maps and other GIS resources for the PLPT web site. This page also provides a GIS Data/Map Request Form.
Links to networking web site(s):
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe Water Quality Network - Visit this experimental interest network project that encourages web site users to exchange ideas, stories, images and place based map locations.